- PTT Global Chemical Plc (GC) : 41%
- LyondellBasell : 29%
- Thai investors : 30%
PTT Global Chemical Plc (GC) is a leading petrochemical and chemical company in Thailand, established by the merger of PTT Chemical Plc (PTTCH) and PTT Aromatics and Refining Plc (PTTAR). GC became a listed company on October 19, 2011, to serve as PTT Group’s chemical flagship. Currently, GC commands a combined capacity of 11.28 million tons per year of olefins and aromatics in addition to a total refining capacity of 280,000 barrels per day of crude oil and condensate.
GC operates eight business areas:
- Group Performance Centre - Refinery and Shared Facilities
- Group Performance Centre - Aromatics
- Group Performance Centre - Olefins
- Polymers Business Unit
- EO-Based Performance Business Unit
- Green Chemicals Business Unit
- Phenol Business Unit
- Performance Materials and Chemical Business Unit.
GC is Thailand’s top integrated petrochemical and refining business and a leading corporation in the Asia-Pacific region, both in size and in product variety.
LyondellBasell is one of the world’s top-three chemical corporations with annual revenues of about 4 trillion US dollars and more than 14,000 employees worldwide. It operates manufacturing sites in 22 countries on five continents with product distribution to more than 100 countries.
The company boasts its presence in large-scale joint ventures across the globe, HMC Polymers included. Eleven of its joint ventures lie outside western Europe and the United States, primarily in regions blessed with low-price raw materials or high growth rates.
HMC Polymers holds LyondellBasell licences of Spheripol and Spherizone technologies for PP. These enable it to construct and operate the three PP production lines and sell products globally.
Leading Thai investors that hold a combined 30% equity in HMC Polymers comprise:
- Bangkok Bank - a major Thai financial institution
- Hua Kee - primarily active in paper manufacturing and distribution, real-estate development, hotels, and petrochemicals
- Metro Group - one of Thailand’s largest trading firms, with long-standing plastics marketing.